Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Purchasing Director manages the processes of obtaining and securing, with best-in-class Quality/Cost/Delivery conditions, product components, equipment, and services for the Company, in accordance with the division budget and financial objectives. Also, responsible for leading the Purchasing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- • Manages the sourcing and purchasing of all direct (product related) and indirect (non product related) materials and services from a global supply base in coordination with other divisions and in compliance with SEC Purchasing strategy;
- • Defines the targets and the related road maps for the Purchasing group to achieve its assigned targets in accordance with division objectives and company objectives;
- • Achieves competitive advantage from a total cost perspective including quality, on time delivery, price, lead times, minimum order quantity, inventory and payment terms;
- • Assumes leadership and guidance on major programs/commodity/supplier purchasing negotiations;
- • Assures and promotes an adequate coordination between all remotely located purchasing groups;
- • Fosters material Value Analysis/Value Engineering actions with and from suppliers, and pushes through the validation process with the appropriate internal and external counterparts;
- • Tracks and forecasts pertinent key cost drivers and market factors;
- • Develops supplier accountability for quality and delivery performance, support supplier performance recovery plans in coordination with the Supplier Development group, enforce cost recovery;
- • Defines Supplier Development key targets and road map together with the Supplier Development group and in accordance with the supplier performance roadmap;
- • Creates and maintains mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement, promotes sound relationships with suppliers, promotes QCD Quality/Cost/Delivery Kaizen workshops with and at suppliers;
- • Drives continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process;
- • Reports and documents purchasing cost indicators and Supplier performance for the Division;
- • Responsible to ensure that internal control procedures/policies are strictly followed on all purchasing activities;
- • Support the Engineering and Program departments during the industrialization of new products;
- • Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers to meet company sourcing strategies / needs;
- • Perform initial Supplier assessments (risk, maturity, capability and capacity). Obtain information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications,
Education and/or Experience
- • Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Purchasing or related field and 8+ years purchasing negotiation experience in a fast paced manufacturing sector such as Aerospace, Automotive, High tech, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Also requires 5 years management or supervisory experience working with a team of 5+ members.
- • Strong team leader with initiative
- • Demonstrable negotiation skills, coupled with the ability to drive successful supplier relationships
- • Ability to manage the Purchasing department in a demanding lean manufacturing environment where the purchasing strategy is fundamental to business success
- • Ability to identify, propose and implement strategic improvement proposals with respect to organization, procedures, and workflows
- • Strong financial acumen and analytical/controlling capability
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Proficiency in using multiple large Excel/Access databases with extensive data mining
- • Experienced with lean manufacturing, productivity workshops, quality system and/or process audits
- • Experienced with legal contract management
- • Experienced with production and non-production related commodities negotiation
- • Ability to work in a cross-functional/international business team environment
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification & in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Manufacturing Engineer IIIPublished on 12/17/2020Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Operations ManagerPublished on 12/17/2020Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time General managers
Planning & Production ControlPublished on 12/17/2020Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Supply chain