Shipping / Receiving Clerk I
I. Job Summary
Responsible for overseeing shipping and receiving operations. Also performs various types of product packing and shipping in accordance with established procedures and/or commercial standards; receives and stocks incoming equipment, materials, and supplies and prepares shipments. Performs appropriate system transactions.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- • Processes all in-and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- • Audits each shipment prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- • Packs and labels product based on established standards.
- • Ensures that proper equipment, documents, and accessories are shipped with correct order.
- • Prepares shipping and receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all documentation.
- • Participates in scheduling of daily transportation.
- • Processes all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- • Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- • Operates forklift and pallet jack.
- • Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- • Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- • Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
- • Participates in continuous improvement projects/teams
- • Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- • High school diploma or equivalent reading, writing and math ability. One to three years related experience or equivalent.
- • Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; ability to read and understand work instructions; must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- • Basic mathematical and measurement skills.
Experience – Technical Skills
- • Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods; forklift certified; ability to work with minimal supervision; commitment to excellence and high standards; excellent written and oral communication skills; strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow; versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm; acute attention to detail; proficient on MRP software; proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Planner IIIPublished on 10/30/2019Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Administrative
Administrative AssistantPublished on 10/30/2019Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Administrative
Pricing Proposal Specialist ll - AftermarketPublished on 12/12/2019Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Administrative