SUPPLIER PERFORMANCE MANAGER
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The main role of the Division Supplier Performance Manager is to monitor, analyze and take action with regard to supplier performance for Interconnect Americas. The SPM (Supplier Performance Manager) interacts with internal cross-functional groups, customers and suppliers to define, coordinate, and deploy improvement activities utilizing project management and quality / lean tools. These activities are achieved via monitoring and detection initiatives including onsite audits and assessments as well as monthly / quarterly risk review of suppliers.
- • Leads the quality and logistic performances of a supplier panel in coordination with internal stakeholders including procurement, quality and purchasing teams ensuring alignment with the mid-term plan (MTP).
- • Identifies trends and poor performing suppliers and then takes action as necessary to improve supplier performance and capability.
- • Drives key stakeholders to define and deliver the corrective action plans ensuring results are achieved and sustainable with a key focus on production readiness, audits and for systemic quality issues
- • Supports Procurement and Quality departments in supplier action plan in case of recurring performance deviations until acceptable performance is reached.
- • Supports purchasing by consolidating and collecting the costs of non-quality and the logistic liquidated damages in coordination with the buyer in charge of the supplier.
- • Monitors supplier risks and updates the risk registered ensuring key issues are flagged to the business, and a plan is developed to drive internal actions and improvements at suppliers to mitigate and eliminate risks
- • Performs onsite supplier audits and evaluations related to: Compliance, Capacity, Production / Change Management, Supply Chain, Quality, Equipment/Tooling Management, etc. and ensure closure of all findings and action items
- • Presents to the supplier and internal stakeholder, assessment results and action plan related.
- • Ensures the consistency of initiated improvement actions with all supply chain stake holders
- • Takes part in the actions of evaluation in the pre-selection of new sources
Bachelor's / Engineering Degree (Sciences /Mechanical or Electrical) with min. 3 to 10 years of experience
APICS or similar Production control certifications
1. Language skills
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to develop clear, concise, and timely oral and written reports.
2. Mathematical skills
Strong basic mathematical skills required.
3. Experience – Technical Skills
AS9100, ISO9001, ISO14001, NADCAP
Electrical Harness / Cable Manufacturing
IPC /WHMA-A 610/620
Machining, Heat Treating, Coating/Plating, Mechanical Assembly
FAA, Defense, (Regulatory)
Advanced Quality Planning
Problem Solving Skills – 8D, 5WHY
Corrective /Preventive Action
Lead Quality Auditor
Statistical Analysis capability & reporting
Strong Computer Skills - Microsoft Office Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, Visio
4. Interpersonal skills
Authority for decision application & recognition
Practical & meticulous – Detail Oriented
Relationships/Behavior - professional with Suppliers, Customers, Aviation Authorities & Industry Associations
Social competencies - ability to communicate all along the company from operators to CEO
Supplier new product introduction:
- • Manages new program/product introduction with the supplier selected. Review and validate detailed supplier processes before to reach the full production rate with the support of other internal departments: Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Purchasing and Program
- • Uses recognized methodologies and tools to validate the compliance between supplier manufacturing processes and internal requirements, DVI-PPAP.
- • Coordinates the “gated” reviews and specific milestones between the supplier and all internal departments, until the First Articles are approved.
- • Uses proper methodology and tools to improve the supplier performance based on the previous assessment results.
- • Guarantees customer and company requirements flow down to the supplier.
- • Improves lead-times and/or delivery reliability by implementing mid-term and long term solutions with the supplier.
- • Improves environmental performance and sustainability within the supply chain
- • Measures and reduces costs related to Non-quality, Late deliveries, and New product introduction.
- • Supports commodity buyers and internal periodic supplier performance reviews within the division and the Group.
- • Leads the planning, scheduling, and the delivery of Safran strategies (Supplier Development, QRQC, 8D, FAI, DVI-PPAP) and other supplier improvement projects
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the HSE
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Buyer 1Published on 10/11/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Sr. Purchasing OfficerPublished on 10/08/2019Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Supply Chain Specialist I (Supplier Performance)Published on 10/02/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Purchasing