Research, design and development
- • Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair line production equipment.
- • Build production test equipment both automated and manual.
- • Certify test setups and make recommendations to technicians on how tests should be executed.
- • Develop test strategy based on military standards and specific customer requirements.
- • Assist in estimating resources required to complete projects including labor, materials, necessary skills and duration.
- • Use hands on skills in order to fabricate new test equipment or modify existing.
- • Troubleshoot and repair both manual and automated test equipment to support production and engineering development.
- • Participate on multi-discipline concurrent development and corrective action teams.
- • Provide design-for-testability feedback to design engineering during product development.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- • Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- • Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- • In lieu of education, experience will be accepted; the successful candidate must have 10 or more years as a technician in mechanical/electronics environment.
- • Read and understand blueprint drawings.
- • Read and understand wire diagrams and symbols.
- • Hands on knowledge of hand tools and basic machinist equipment.
- • Knowledge in test software in LabVIEW.
- • Knowledge and ability to understand design for test.
- • Aerospace test background including knowledge of DO-160.
- • Knowledge in panel building.
- • Working knowledge of UL508a, UL698, and NEC standards for panel building
- • Troubleshoot electrical, test, mechanical, facilities or hydraulic systems, components and equipment
Mostly hands on work with test equipment, some office work documenting, etc.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Engineering Internship Test LabPublished on 07/14/2019Sarasota, United States Internship / Student Testing
HSE SpecialistPublished on 07/04/2019Sarasota, United States Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment
Logistics Analyst - MROPublished on 07/03/2019Sarasota, United States Regular Full time General Services