Manufacturing/Winding Industrialization Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. This role is primarily responsible for the design and deployment of Power Generation wound product production lines; including generator rotors, stators, and current transformers. The selected candidate assumes full ownership of the design and technical transfer of the line's tools to Operations, qualifying them for use with the highest standards of safety, quality, and output. The Winding Industrialization Engineer works closely with internal and external Product Design, Operations, Facilities, and Quality teams and coordinates cross-functional activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- • Develop and implement specific manufacturing industrialization methods and processes for:
o Current Transformer Winding
o Resistance and Laser Welding
o Varnish Application and Curing
o Press & Thermal Fit
o Vision Control & Precision Gaging
o Conveyance & Robotic Handling
o Electrical & End of Line Tests
- • Define and oversee Process Qualification Tests and establish Acceptance Test methods and practices for a variety of wound components.
- • Oversee installation and ensure ramp-up of Winding manufacturing equipment for Stators, Rotors, and Current Transformers.
- • Establish manufacturing processes and train operators in the use of the manufacturing equipment: manual and automated.
- • Optimize product flow and line efficiency by designing or improving tools, jigs, stations, work methods and ergonomics using the 6S methodology.
- • Identify and drive continuous improvement and cost reduction programs.
- • Utilize Lean Manufacturing/One Safran principles and tools to set up efficient production process flows
- • Drive process control and process development, specifically in the areas of quality and equipment capability.
- • Work independently and with vendors to understand root cause of failures, propose design or component changes, and implement and validate equipment modifications.
- • Generate machine documentation and manufacturing instructions.
- • Drive other projects as needed by management or as business needs change.
- • Collaborate with the Engineering Design team to propose solutions for future products.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- • Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
This position sits and performs computer work for extended periods of time. This position is on the production floor for extended periods of time.
The work environment is a manufacturing facility with moderate noise. Must be available for business travel as needed.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, and comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Education and/or Experience:
- • Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- • Minimum 7 years' experience in industrializing copper wound components with a variety of configurations and varnishes.
- • Experience troubleshooting and correcting winding manufacturing issues.
- • Experience working with automation systems, robotics, PLCs, and data collection systems is preferred.
- • Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively achieve results with multiple vendors and internal and external customers.
- • Excellent communicator, both in presentations and written reports.
- • Able to maintain organization and focus in a highly dynamic environment.
- • Travel up to 10% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
- • Experience with motors, permanent magnets, windings, manufacturing tooling and fixture design
- • Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- • Experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software.
- • Aerospace Power Generation (Generators)
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 84,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification & in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Commodity ManagerPublished on 10/05/2020Sarasota, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Manufacturing Engineer - CMMPublished on 07/30/2020Rochester, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Lean Transformation InternPublished on 10/14/2020Huntington Beach, United States Internship / Student Industrial Engineering