A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of MRO technician, you will repair, maintain and overhaul complex aircraft components.
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Performs hands-on maintenance tasks with complex mechanical, electrical, electronic and/or hydraulic aircraft components.
- • Maintenance tasks include disassembly, cleaning, inspection, troubleshooting, parts requisitioning, repair, assembly and test.
- • Uses and understands component maintenance manuals and other repair specifications.
- • Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- • Understands or willing to learn company quality management system procedures.
- • Accurately completes and takes responsibility for documentation of maintenance performed.
- • May also perform build of similar new components per work instructions.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- • Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Education and/or Experience:
- •2 years of experience as an electrical or mechanical technician in an industrial, aviation, or military organization OR an A&P certificate from an accredited institution is preferred but not mandatory.
- •High school diploma or GED.
- •Proficient in writing reports for quality- Basic
- •Able to read/write English – Basic
- •Above average ability to assemble and troubleshoot complex mechanisms- Advanced
- •Above average ability to read and comprehend detailed technical maintenance instructions- Advanced
- •Able to learn how to perform new tasks quickly- Basic
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Lesly.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.
Manufacturing Engineering InternPublished on 03/06/2019Sarasota, United States Internship / Student Manufacture / assembly and repair
Production ManagerPublished on 03/15/2019Mobile, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Technician 1Published on 03/15/2019Little-rock, Arkansas, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair