Program Buyer II
Professional, Engineer & Manager
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role program buyer, you will be responsible for providing outsourced procurement functions in a fast-paced environment to support OE Manufacturing and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) activities of the Sarasota facility. This position is responsible for procuring parts for customers' units in a timely manner, expediting and provide accurate status of all urgent and/or critical parts issues. This position is the main liaison between the part distributors/outside service suppliers and the production scheduler/customer service team member.
- • Issue purchase orders to direct material suppliers and outside service suppliers and flow down commercial, shipping instructions, documentation, and quality requirements.
- • Open, monitor status, expedite orders, and update ERP system. Provide timely status updates of delivery to internal and external customers.
- • Monitor min-max parts inventory levels in ERP System.
- • Manage Supplier Portal and SAP transaction and action messages
- • Manage relationships and all forms of communication with suppliers.
- • Manage multiple accounts and tasks concurrently.
- • Process and coordinate claims/warranties with suppliers.
- • Manage communication among technical and non-technical supplier issues.
- • Manage and maintain inventory-restocking levels, supplier schedules, material exception reports such as expedite, de-expedite, cancellation, PO past due and other buyer action messages.
- • Support Program meetings by providing status on critical materials and taking actions to quickly resolve issues.
- • Assist in maintaining required procurement related metrics and KPI's.
- • Manage material nonconformance issues, deviations, tooling issues, revision flow-downs and any other issues related to material specification discrepancies
- • Assist in strategic procurement activities include RFP/RFQ, pricing and T's & C's negotiations
- • Assist in other duties as assigned by Supply Chain Manager or the area supervisor.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- • Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, and comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
- • Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- • 5 years' experience in MRO/OE Manufacturing/Purchasing related disciplines
- • Experience with an ERP System.
- • Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- • Service orientation skills
- • Negotiation skills
- • Must be capable to multi-task and prioritize workload
Sitting 80% Walking/Standing 20%
The work environment is an office setting with moderate office noise.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Buyer 2 - Aftermarket & SparesPublished on 04/13/2021Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Quality Manager- Chief InspectorPublished on 04/07/2021Sarasota, United States Regular Full time Quality
Buyer 3 - Aftermarket & SparesPublished on 04/07/2021Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Purchasing