Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Sustaining Engineer, you will conduct engineering assignments including the design analysis and re-design of existing products and components to reduce product costs and improve quality. Maintain design control, production support, and customer and supplier support of existing products on as needed basis to assure growth of the business. Conduct manufacturing and industrial engineering assignments that continually drive improvement in manufacturing processes, tools and equipment to reduce cost and improve production yields.
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Analyzes and revises Engineering models/drawings and coordinates Engineering Change Orders.
- • Manages technical supplier relationships in an effort to ensure manufacturability.
- • Reviews and approves supplier Process Flow Charts and Control Plans.
- • Continually improves manufacturing processes and product/process documentation for sustaining products.
- • Evaluates the use of non-conforming parts and assemblies to determine their use in end products.
- • Develops and/or maintains PLM project folder structures.
- • Assesses and/or revises manufacturing work instruction packages.
- • Performs root cause analysis and implements effective countermeasures for internal deviations.
- • Develops and/or improves tooling for assembly and testing.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- • Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Education and/or Experience:
- • Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution.
- • 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment working with CAD parts, CAD assemblies, CAD drawings, suppliers, technicians, and engineers.
- • High level experience with CAD for 3D modeling and drafting.
- • Working knowledge of CATIA for 3D models and drawings.
- • Ability to read, interpret and apply Engineering Standards.
- • Experience with Configuration Control and PLM systems.
- • Understanding of various machining and manufacturing processes and special processes.
- • Technical communication skills (verbal, written, and computer).
- • Experience using Enovia SmarTeam PLM system.
- • Experience creating Manufacturing Work Instructions using 3D Via or Solidworks Composer.
- • Experience creating PFMEA's, Control Plans.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Lesly.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Sitting 75% / 15% Standing / 10% Walking & lifting
Equal split between office work and working on the shop floor with production technicians.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Sr Systems EngineerPublished on 08/16/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Sr. Electrical EngineerPublished on 08/13/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Equipment Repair Technician (MRO Technician)Published on 07/23/2019Sarasota, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair