Tester Technician I
- • Assures policies, procedures and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product.
- • Expected to split time between building and/or testing production product.
- • Set up and operate equipment following general instructions.
- • Perform repetitive testing and in process inspection operations with minimum instructions and complete all associated test paperwork required.
- • Perform repetitive assembly and hand operations. Operate and adjust equipment following general instructions. Make simple set-ups and perform routine, preventative maintenance.
- • Must meet the productivity standards as called out on the routings.
- • Supply accurate information on labor reporting, material, scrap and process. Detect and report to proper supervision unusual or defective conditions.
- • Able to analyze warranty returns and capable of proposing corrective actions.
- • Participate in setting monthly goals based on knowledge of product mix and time standards. This position will work closely with Team Leader and Supervisor to assure accuracy of shipment forecast.
- • Must be able to lead and train operators in all routine department operations.
- • Full capability to process and create NCM reports.
- • Work from and interpret schematics; must have knowledge of bill of material and routing/work orders.
- • Report documentation discrepancies/inconsistencies to the manufacturing engineers and assist them in writing new test procedures and other processes as assigned.
- • Acts as a business partner by initiating and continuously managing improvements to manufacturing processes.
- • Drives 5S culture by improving and maintaining the cleanliness, safety and organization of the work area.
- • Assists supervisors in resolving production and testing problems. Maintains various production and test equipment.
- • Assists in development of production and testing procedures.
- • Evaluates test analysis from customer returns for rework and disposition of warranty returns.
- • Test Setup & Conducting Tests: includes the capability to understand the intent of test requests and test procedures submitted by the customer. The ability to ask the right questions of the customer and resolves any conflicts with the request and the capability of the lab. To be able to provide test setup expertise to the customer which will meet the intent of the test request / procedure / specification submitted by the customer.
- • Documenting Test Results: the ability to prepare an effective report which documents the test setup, the running of the test, any changes or conflicts with the information provided by the customer, the data required to demonstrate DUT performance, and any summary / conclusions / notes of substance which could have an impact when analyzing the results of the test.
- • Troubleshooting: the use of knowledge, tools, and analysis skills to solve problems in the areas of electronics, electromechanical products, test setups, and test equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- • Associates degree from an accredited institution or in lieu 3 years of experience of Electro/Mechanical testing experience.
- • Ability to read/understand prints, routings, bill of materials and process sheets. - Advanced
- • Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and tool sets as they relate to production processes and improvements. - Advanced
- • Thorough understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes. - Advanced
- • High proficiency in reading drawings / blue prints / test specifications. – Advanced
- • Ability to carry out written and oral instructions. –Advanced
- • Understanding tolerances and being able to use micrometers, calipers and basic test equipment. -Advanced
- • Understanding of diverse manufacturing processes such as molding, machining, welding and assembly.
- • Ability to make intuitive leaps in applying technologies that present opportunities.
- • Highly versatile, able to shift gears easily from problem solving manufacturing processes to transactional process.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To test and verify that final assemblies are built and functioning according to specifications. To assemble components to include fabricated final assemblies as specified by work orders, drawings or work instructions. This includes ATE testing, IR, and Dielectric testing. Must have the ability to troubleshoot and analyze products performance through the proper documented procedures and requirements of the Sarasota facility.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Engineering Internship MFGPublished on 07/14/2019Sarasota, United States Internship / Student Manufacture / assembly and repair
LRUS TechnicianPublished on 07/17/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MRO TechnicianPublished on 07/17/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair