The nacelle mechanic will conduct maintenance tasks, visual inspections and rework including but not limited to structural repair based written instructions. The person will also achieve light instrumentation tasks.
- • High School Diploma/GED
- • Four (4) year related structural assembly experience
- • Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic certificate.
- • Basic knowledge in instrumentation (thermocouple, strain gages, pressure transducer…)
- • Able to work in morning or afternoon shift and some cases over the week end.
- • Able to work in a team
Responsibilities and Duties
- • Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- • Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
- • Execute works orders. Experience in interpreting blueprints, lofts, sketches to specify a sequence of operations.
- • Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- • Carry out basic instrumentation tasks such as thermocouple or accelerometer epoxy bonding, connecting electrical harnesses, harness routing with silicone and tyrap, electrical voltage and resistance check.
- • Maintain and use all logs and records.
- • Maintain a neat and orderly work area and complies with all safety regulations of airframer.
- • Ability to work with minimum supervision
- -Working experience with composite materials and associated repairs
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Nacelles is the world's leading aircraft nacelle manufacturer with over 20,800 pieces of equipment in use and over 125,000 flight hours a day. The company operates on all market segments, from regional aircraft and business jets to the biggest jetliners.
Production ManagerPublished on 01/15/2019Mobile, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Multiple Aerospace Technician OpeningsPublished on 01/10/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Material HandlerPublished on 01/09/2019North Charleston, South Carolina, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair