Supplier Performance Manager (SPM)
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Objectives and responsibilities
The SPM mission is to manage the execution of the contract signed between Safran Aircraft Engine its suppliers. The SPM must ensure that the suppliers performs at a satisfactory level, more specifically deliver on time products meeting the required quality standard.
The SPM is in charge of a portfolio of suppliers (typically 6 to 10 suppliers centered on a commodity or a business unit of Safran Aircraft Engine).
Objectives and responsibilities
The supplier must:
- • Define and validat e performance target with the suppliers and Safran Aircraft Engine.
- • Calculate the performance achieved by the suppliers.
- • Present the performance to the supplier and Safran A ircraft Engine, and ensure that the supplier is sensitive
- • When occurring, analyz e the root cause of non-performance and coordinate with the supplier and Safran
1.2. Anticipating Risks
The SPM must:
- • Lead joint asse ssment (supplier + Safran Aircraft Engine) to evaluate the readiness of the supplier to meet future demand with satisfactory performance.
o These Ba selines include: risk analysis on the supplier process and business, load and capacity analysis,
reviews of the schedule of critical actions …
o The SPM is responsible for tracking the act ions that are defined during these Baselines
- • Define the audit strategy of the supplier and lead such audits. For example: supplier matu rity assessments,
1.3. Improving supplier maturity and long term performance
The SPM must:
- • Coordinate wit h the supplier and Safran Aircraft Engine teams to build long term performance improvement
- • Coordinate with the supplier and Safran Aircraft Engine teams to improve the robustness of the
chain (sourcing strategy, inventory policies …)
- • The SPM is expected to attend or conduct su pplier workshops focused on building improvement plan
2. Support activities
The SPM is part of a broader team working with the supplier (including the purchaser, the quality engineer, the design office, the planner ). The SPM must coordinate with all other actors involved in the relationship with
The SPM especially:
- - Organize Annual Pe rformance review where performance is formally reviewed and targets validated by
- - Participate to the sourcing decisions and strategy
- - Assist purchasers in commercial negotiations
Operation management (production manager, workshop supervisor …)
Supply Chain management (MRP2 concept, CPIM …)
Familiar to lean principles (Green Belt, 6-sigma …)
Ability to analyze data (familiar with Excel tools)
Excellent communication skills (ability to summarize and convey complex messages)
Resilient to stress and pressure (that could result for performance crisis)
Focused on innovation and problem solving
Sensitive to cross cultural interactions
Fluency in English
Fluent in French (or willing to learn French up to a basic level)
The SPM department are within Safran Aircraft Engine purchasing direction. The SPMs report to the Purchasing Vice President.
The SPM also interact significantly with Safran supply chain and Quality department.
Within the suppliers their primary contacts are operations, sales, supply chain and general managers.
Specificity of the job
Average = 30% of time.
Expect spikes up to 50% when facing temporary crisis at suppliers.
All travels are done either to suppliers on the North American East Coast or to the Business Units in France.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Supplier Performance ManagerPublished on 05/21/2019United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Supplier Performance Manager (SPM)Published on 05/17/2019United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Supplier Performance ManagerPublished on 04/26/2019Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Purchasing