Equipment Repair Technician III, MRO Support
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Equipment Repair Technician will work according to technical data, perform maintenance, repair and overhaul work on electronic aircraft components.
This is a Safety Sensitive role and is subject to and will adhere to all requirements outlined within the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) drug and alcohol testing regulations (49 CFR part 40 and 14 CFR part 120)
Successful candidate must be a United States citizen or possess the legal right to work in the U.S.
Job Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Assembling and repairing electronic aircraft components in accordance to technical data
- • Soldering electronic components and using other tooling
- • Ensure work is completed in accordance with Turn-Around-Time (TAT) Requirements.
- • Perform shop audits as scheduled. Perform area cleaning and maintenance as posted or required.
- • Participate in shop and facility Continuous Improvement activities and initiatives.
- • Track TAT
- • May be required by the Company to perform other tasks and/or learn new skills which are not included in the above description but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be given.
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
- • Evening/night hours may be required.
- • Extra hours may be required during business peaks.
* May require long periods of sitting.
* May require lifting less than 40 lbs.
* May require prolonged repetitive use of upper extremities.
Typical office environment requiring the use of typical office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.) Computer keyboarding, computer monitor and mouse use including reaching forward, grasping, fringer and wrist manipulation and neck bending and turning; near vision is necessary for computer monitor use.
Education and/or Experience
- • A High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required and
- • A minimum of two years of work experience in a related or similar field.
- • An Associate's Degree with a strong electronics background
- • Experience using schematics and components symbols
- • Strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
- • Ability to read, understand and interpret Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM) and other repair/maintenance manuals and technical data
- • Ability to use an oscilloscope, multimeters and various test equipment to test and troubleshoot to the component level
- • Ability to learn on the job
- • Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, etc
- • Knowledge of blueprints, schematics, gages, precision measuring equipment is preferred
- • Soldering of electronic components
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Preferred Skills :
- • Experience with blueprints, schematics and precision measuring equipment
- • Past aerospace industry experience
- • Experience using schematics and component symbols
- • Airframe and Powerplant (A & P) mechanic
Specificity of the job
Travel requirements: Occasional travel (general guideline: once per quarter or less) in U.S./Outside of U.S.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification & in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Equipment Repair Technician Team Lead, Operations SupportPublished on 02/25/2021Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance
Mechanical Engineer IIPublished on 03/04/2021Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Repair Station Technician 3Published on 03/01/2021Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance