Export Control & Compliance Officer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Export Control & Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day import and export trade compliance for the Twinsburg, OH and Eatontown, NJ sites as well as collaborating as needed with other Power Division ECO's.
This position contributes to our vision with responsibility in the following areas:
Summary of Compliance Activities:
oManagement of the trade compliance function.
oApply for export licenses as needed
oOversee /monitor all export documentation
oMonitor AES filings
oAssist and provide guidance for import and export activity as needed
- •Communicate, formally and informally, with U.S. Dept. of State, U.S. Dept. of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau as needed for regulatory issues and questions
- •Work with EO on any non-compliance or potential disclosure issues and collaborate effective resolution and corrective actions.
- •Ensure brokers are using properly authorized and using correct classifications, duty rates, values, origins, preferential duty treatments, etc. for our import entries
- •Assist customers and vendors in importing and exporting our product as needed
- •Provide customers and vendors with product classification and related information as needed
- •Ensure all business partners are screened against pertinent restricted party lists
- •Perform end use / end user reviews for new business opportunities and for current activity in sensitive countries and as needed per regulatory requirements
- •Maintain all trade compliance procedures as needed
- •Monitor recordkeeping for all import and export activities to ensure regulatory requirements are being met, procedures are being followed, and records are in alignment with Safran policy
- •Seek additional training on a consistent, frequent basis to stay abreast of changing regulations and governmental procedures
License and agreement management:
- •Prepare all license applications, agreements and related documentation
- •Monitor export activity under authorization to ensure compliance
- •Maintain license and agreement records to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- •Prepare Technology Control Plans and other supporting documentation as needed
- •Provide international trade compliance awareness training to new employees
- •Provide additional focused departmental training as needed
- •Communicate relevant trade compliance alerts, news, violations, procedure changes, etc. to all company employees as needed
Special Projects and Temporary Assignments:
- •Interface with various departments (Supply Chain, MRO, Engineering, Business Development) to ensure Trade Compliance involvement in new business endeavors, projects, supplier inductions, etc.
- •Manage export jurisdiction and classification determination process
Education and/or Experience Required:
- •Bachelor's degree in business, law or a related area;
- •A minimum of 4 years of export compliance experience to include: Both EAR and ITAR export authorizations, Technology Controls, Export Control Reform, Export jurisdiction & classification determinations, HTS/Schedule B classification determinations, Foreign person employee authorizations, AES filing, and experience with international business transactions and shipping documents
- •In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a commensurate amount of experience with export compliance experience to include: Both EAR and ITAR export authorizations, Technology Controls, Export Control Reform, Export jurisdiction & classification determinations, HTS/Schedule B classification determinations, Foreign person employee authorizations, AES filing Experience with SAP/GTS and experience with international business transactions and shipping documents
- •Strong proficiency with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customs Regulations (CR), and the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR).
- •Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to articulate and effectively communicate trade compliance information to various levels of non-technical audiences.
- •Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and through global, cross-functional teams including customer, suppliers, and service providers
- •Possess a high level of analysis, evaluation and problem solving skills as well as the ability to draw conclusions and make decisions based on regulatory reasoning
- •Ability to prepare or revise procedures, work instructions, forms, and business flowcharts
- •Knowledge of international shipping documents and all required data elements
Preferred Skills :
- •Experience with organizations in the Aerospace sector
- •Customs Broker's license
- •Experience with: SAP & GTS
- •Experience with Import and Export logisitics
- •Experience in preparing and delivering training
- •Travel requirements: Occasional to moderate travel (general guideline: regular domestic between two sites under purview, plus occasional international travel)
- •Other duties may be assigned.
- •Evening/night hours may be required.
- •Extra hours may be required during business peaks.
- •Manages a team of 2 International Trade Compliance Specialists.
- •Has budget responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 330-487-2000. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Electrical Engineering ManagerPublished on 06/28/2019Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
Aerodynamics EngineerPublished on 06/27/2019Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Mechanics
Supplier Performance ManagerPublished on 04/26/2019Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Purchasing