Maintenance Engineer (ILS-Integrated Logistic Support)
Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Maintenance Engineer will work within the Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Team to ensure Safran Electrical Power offers complete support and service solutions to our customers in the aftermarket. This role will coordinate with Product Development Teams to optimize elements of the product design to enable the company to offer efficient product support solutions to our customers. In addition, this role will assist with the development of Technical Publications that are used to perform maintenance tasks for our products.
WORK LOCATION: Twinsburg OH
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- • Responsible for reviewing customer maintenance and ‘cost of operation' requirements, and preparing cost estimates for proposal teams.
- • Collaborate with Product Development Teams to design the Product Service and Support plans to ensure successful Entry Into Service and ongoing support of new products.
- • Collaborate with Engineering and Product Support to influence the product design and commercial offering to optimize whole life costs and to provide a support solution that is in line with our strategic vision for the aftermarket.
- • Analyze opportunities to improve services, reduce maintenance costs, or increase margins for aftermarket sales.
For both existing and new customers, the Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the following tasks:
- • Work with customers to understand their maintenance and product support requirements.
- • Provide cost estimates for maintenance and after-market support tasks for new bids and proposals.
- • Present Total Maintenance Cost models for various business plans and product support options.
- • Work with the Sales, Marketing and Services (SMS) team to determine the optimal support solution for various customers and products.
- • Plan, budget, and lead Product Support and Services work packages required for each project.
- • Lead Service Readiness Reviews and participate in product Design Reviews.
- • Create and update Whole Life Cost models, and work with Engineering and Product Development teams to ensure the cost impacts of various design concepts are understood.
- • Support the development of the ILS team by optimizing common tasks and sharing best practices and lessons learned with colleagues and external partners (continuous improvement).
- • Support the development of technical documentation, including maintenance manuals, installation manuals, and service bulletins (iSpec2200 and S1000D knowledge preferable).
- • Design and deliver training for product support engineers and customer maintenance personnel.
- • Design (or initiate the design process) and approve ground support equipment (GSE) and maintenance tools, as required.
- • Adhere to safe work practices and contribute to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
- • Travel requirements: Occasional travel within U.S/Outside U.S.
- • Other duties may be assigned.
- • Qualifications
- • A Bachelor's degree in a technical area (aerospace, automotive, rail, production, utilities – other highly regulated industries considered)
- • In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 8 years' experience in one or more of the following areas or similar, relevant experience: Maintenance; Fleet Management; Plant Management; Asset Management (physical, not financial); Support Engineering; a role in RAMS activity (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Supportability/Safety); and/or New Product Introduction.
Knowledge and Essential Skills:
- • Appreciation of the constraints of working within a regulated industry. As a result, you can create credible, auditable work and are creative in your approach to problem solving.
- • A working knowledge of the following elements of ILS: FMECA, Maintainability Analysis, Maintenance Task Analysis, Supportability Analysis, Whole Life Cost Models, Repair and Overhaul, and Technical Publications.
- • Ability to take information and data from multiple sources and derive the best support solutions in a complex systems environment.
- • Ability to work with cross-functional technical teams.
- • Ability to review and approve technical work (comparison to scope and specification, quality control)
- • Project Management Skills - Ability to convert internal and customer requirements into plans and actions, and provide status reports to management.
- • Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- • Ability to Multi-Task.
Specificity of the job
Travel requirements: Occasional travel within U.S/Outside U.S
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Repair AdministratorPublished on 09/11/2019Atlanta, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Customer Support Manager - Commercial InteriorsPublished on 09/10/2019Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Customer Service Representative - BilingualPublished on 08/30/2019Peachtree City, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support