Electrical Engineering Manager
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
This leadership role is responsible for oversight of the electrical design and development functions for the site. They will be responsible for leading the electrical engineering efforts and coordinating with other functional teams within Engineering in supporting New Product Development, R & T and Bid and Proposal projects.
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
- • Provides leadership and motivation in managing the activities of the Electrical Engineering Group to ensure best performance from all within the group.
- • Responsibilities to cover multiple product lines involving various electrical engineering disciplines.
- • Position will interface with other functional teams within the Engineering department in supporting New Product Development, R&T and Bid and Proposal projects.
- • Responsible for resource planning, recruitment, training and mentoring of multi-disciplined individuals including electrical engineers, system engineers, technicians and PCB layout designers for the team to fulfill resource needs of the organization.
- • Develop strong customer relationships to support gaining market credibility and route-to-market.
- • Identify technology gaps and create a Technology Roadmap that will deliver differentiated product characteristics and new technologies. Integrate new technology from 3rd party companies.
- • Collaborate with Engineering/Technical leadership to provide technical oversight and design assurance of all activities to ensure high quality of Engineering.
- • Maintains familiarity with engineering tools and monitors trends in developing technology to anticipate future resource needs.
- • Work effectively with other functional groups (software, mechanical, programs, test lab, supply chain, business development, quality, etc.) to achieve program milestones and other division goals.
- • Leads and motivates individuals to work effectively, to develop skills and grow their responsibilities
- • Evaluates performance of individuals for their quality of work and effectiveness in accomplishing assignments. Implements corrective actions when necessary.
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
- • Evening/night hours may be required.
- • Extra hours may be required during business peaks.
Education and/or Experience
- • A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- • A minimum of eight (8) years engineering experience and management aptitude in a new product design and manufacturing environment involving control and communications in an embedded software environment.
- • A minimum of 2 years of management experience
- • Demonstrated high level of ability, leadership, motivation and aptitude.
- • Solid technical judgement
- • Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- • Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with individuals/teams at all levels within the organization and with customers
- • Knowledge of various aspects of electrical and software engineering disciplines
- • Strong organizational, administrative and reporting skills
- • Ability to provide clear direction and delegation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Preferred Skills :
- • MSEE or MBA
- • DO-178C software design experience is a plus.
- • Budget responsibility for team.
- • Bi-annual appraisal of the team members.
- • Manages a team of approximately 10 engineers, which includes both designers and technicians.
- • May require long periods of sitting.
- • May require lifting 20 lbs.
- • May require prolonged repetitive use of upper extremities
Specificity of the job
- • Travel requirements: Occasional travel (general guideline, once per quarter) within the U.S./Outside the U.S.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Automation Engineer (Entry)Published on 07/02/2019Sarasota, United States Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
Aerodynamics EngineerPublished on 06/27/2019Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Mechanics
Engineering ManagerPublished on 06/20/2019Costa Mesa, United States Regular Full time Electronics & Automation