Professional, Engineer & Manager
We are seeking a focused Quality Manager who will champion, support and/or lead quality improvement initiatives. The Quality Manager will be part of the Senior Leadership Team for the site and will also be involved in developing the quality goals and targets in the organization's strategic plan. The successful candidate will develop and lead best practices implementation regarding quality processes and procedures, with a strong focus on strategic quality planning resulting in a total Quality Management System that drives true root cause analysis in problem identification, permanent corrective action, and problem prevention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Act as customers point of contact for Quality matters, Quality tasks and escalations, either directly or direct/indirect staff.
- • Lead team of Quality Engineers and Specialists.
- • Lead, obtain and maintain the BU certifications, approvals and agreements.
- • Ensure the application of the Division Quality System and participate to its continuous improvement.
- • Oversight of the internal audit and supplier quality programs.
- • Responsible for the Quality documents required to support the BU operations (internal instructions and records) and required by the customer (Quality Plans).
- • Analyze and implement customer Quality requirements.
- • Define the metrics measuring the performance of the BU: customer satisfaction, internal checking process, supplier performance.
- • Document discrepancies, propose improvements to avoid recurrence, and monitor progresses.
- • Report internally on Quality matters: metrics, BU Executive Committee, Management Reviews, internal communication initiatives.
- • Train teams to the Quality principles, the Quality System, and the applicable Quality tools.
- • Provide status reports and metric updates to the North American Quality Director, the Division Quality Manager, and/or the site General Manager; as needed.
- • Occasional travel both internationally & domestically for workshops and training as needed (generally once a quarter or less).
- • Extra hours may be required during business peaks or to meet seasonal deadlines.
- • May be assigned other related duties by manager.
- •Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- •This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Education and/or Experience
- • A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mechanical or Electrical or related area of study.
- • A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a Quality function
- • Demonstrated leadership experience.
- • In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 8 year's of experience working in the aerospace industry including practical experience in design and/or quality with a demonstrated management experience.
- • Strong working knowledge of AS/EN 9100 requirements and customer Quality requirements
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills
- • Solid knowledge of Quality principles and tools, including audit techniques
- • 2 years' of management experience in a team environment
- • Green Belt Certification or Black Belt Certification
- • Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 21 and Part 145
- • Aerospace experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 330-487-2000. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.
Supplier Quality Engineer (SQA)Published on 12/07/2018Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Quality
Quality Inspector - Receiving InspectionPublished on 02/20/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Quality
Carbon Quality Lab TechnicianPublished on 02/20/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Quality