Supplier Performance Manager
Performance et support
Employees / Staff
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Supplier Performance Manager, you will monitor, analyze and take action with regard to supplier performance. The SPM interacts with internal cross-functional groups, customers and suppliers to define, coordinate, and deploy improvement activities utilizing project management and quality / lean tools. These activities are achieved via monitoring and detection initiatives including onsite audits and assessments as well as monthly / quarterly risk review of suppliers.
This position contributes to our vision with responsibility in the following areas:
- •Leads the quality and logistic performances of a supplier panel in coordination with internal stakeholders including procurement, quality and purchasing teams ensuring alignment with the mid-term plan (MTP).
- •Identifies trends and poor performing suppliers and then takes action as necessary to improve supplier performance and capability.
- •Drives key stakeholders to define and deliver the corrective action plans ensuring results are achieved and sustainable with a key focus on production readiness, audits and for systemic quality issues
- •Performs onsite supplier audits and evaluations related to : Compliance, Capacity, Production / Change Management, Supply Chain, Quality, Equipment/Tooling Management, etc. and ensure closure of all findings and action items.
- •Supports with customer visits and audits as necessary;
- •Conducts internal periodic supplier performance review with other groups within the division.
- •Monitors supplier risks and updates the risk register ensuring key issues are flagged to the business, and a plan is developed to drive internal actions and improvements at suppliers to minimize or eliminate risks
- •Focal point for performances issues in relation with logistics and programs teams.
- •During a supplier transfer or a Make/Buy transfer, the SPM shall ensure no disruption in deliveries to the factories and may be requested to manage the overall transfer.
- •Lead the planning, scheduling, facilitation and delivery of Safran strategies (Supplier Development, QRQC, 8D) and other supplier improvement projects
- •Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
- •Travel requirements: up to 35%
Education and/or Experience :
- •A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering ,Supply Chain, or related field from an accredited institution
- •A minimum 5 years of experience with background in Manufacturing either in Quality, Supply Chain, Lean- sigma production implementation
- •Solid Operational experience: in surveillance and supplier development within a purchasing/logistic/quality industrial organization (aerospace, automotive…)
- •Proven Project Management skills within a supply chain/manufacturing environment
- •Lean Project Management – Experienced in leading workshops using lean methodology. With demonstrable experience of working with Quality/Lean Tools (FMEA, 8D, DMAIC, 5W, Ishikawa etc.) and delivering sustained improvements
- •Strong Negotiation Skills demonstrated at senior management level
- •Advanced problem-solving skills - ability to analyze a problem and determine if driven by design, supplier or other factors in a timely fashion and to make calculated risk decisions when ambiguity is a factor.
- •Knowledge of supply chain; ERP principals
- •Demonstrate leadership, influencing, teamwork and effective conflict resolution (drive change, conduct workshops) with strong communication skills at all levels of management internally and at supplier facility (written and verbal)
- •Proven ability to work tactically with a strategic objective. Including having a high level of self-motivation and job planning in order to achieve goals and meet deadlines working autonomously.
- •Good Interpersonal skills – able to work and influence across all levels of the organization and externally with the suppliers to ensure key deliverables are met.
- •Experience of working within a matrix organization
- •Microsoft Office Suite proficient, including MS Project
- •Enthusiastic, with a drive for results
- •Strong verbal and written skills.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.