VIE - Supplier Performance Analyst (SPA) H/F
Performance et support
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1. Activities Summary
The SPA mission is to support Safran Aircraft Engine in recovering the performance of suppliers
in crisis that are seriously impacting Safran supply chain and customers.
The SPA is tasked to visit the supplier often to secure an expedited recovery. He will need to
especially monitor the status of the work in progress within the supplier's factories and the correct
implementation of the recovery actions. He is also a facilitator between Safran and the supplier
teams to ensure proper communication and expediting of the key actions to support the recovery.
2. Organization Chart
The SPA reports within the Safran aircraft Engine Purchasing direction.
He-She will directly report to the Supplier Performance Manager (SPM) service manager.
His-her portfolio of activities will change based on the current crisis and he-she will be
operationally managed by the SPMs responsible for the suppliers in crisis.
3. List of Activities
Monitor the operational performance:
- -Monitor the manufacturing activities at the suppliers and their sub tiers (WIP status, throughputs,
- -Provide accurate delivery forecasts
- -Ensure the realization of the actions necessary to recover performance in an expedited timeline.
- -Identify reasons of nonperformance and propose corrective actions
- -Perform analysis to identify the root cause of nonperformance (time studies …)
- -Coordinate regular meeting between supplier and Safran (organize, writes minutes …)
- -Coordinate with the supplier on the broadcast of production reports meeting Safran's
Skills and Certifications
Bachelors of Science from an accredited institution in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Equivalent Discipline)
More than 3 months in an industrial manufacturing environment (forging, casting,
- -“Hand's on” approach and detail oriented
- -Resilient to stress and conflictual situations
- -Problem solver and solution oriented
- -Good communication and leadership skills
- -Work well in team
Specificity of the job
Based in Cincinnati (300 E. Kemper Rd, Cincinnati 45241).
Travel up to 80% of the time with visits to suppliers based on the North American East Coast
(including eastern Canada and Mexico).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, develops, manufactures and markets, either on its own or in collaboration with partners, engines for commercial and military aircraft, to the best levels of performance, reliability and environmental friendliness. Through CFM International (a 50:50 JV between Safran Aicraft Engines and GE), the company is also the world leader in short- and medium-haul aircraft propulsion systems.