Technical Publications Writer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Responsible for creating technical publication documents and specifications through interaction with various departments and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- • Creates technical publication documents, such as: Component Maintenance Manuals (CMMs), Technical Orders (TOs) for Military, Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Information Letters (SILs), Service Advisories (SAs), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMMs), User Guides, GSE Lists, and other supporting documents.
- • Coordinates, activities to prepare technical publications documents in accordance with ATA iSpec2200, S1000D, and Military and/or OEM's authoring specifications.
- • Supports delivery of all applicable technical data listed in the OEM's SDRLs. Prepares documents in accordance with their requirements and submits them at the committed time span prior to the events such as Entry-Into-Service (EIS).
- • Responsible for development, preparation and for providing the source data for the Recommended Spare Parts List (RSPL); Initial Provisioning Data (T-Files / S-Files / XWZ Files); Procurement Data; SPPC; SADFs in accordance with ATA e-commerce Spec 2000 and any other product support data that may be required by the airframe manufacturers.
- • Works with project engineers, technical support engineers, program managers, and the sub-contract managers to ensure availability of all necessary information needed in preparation of the maintenance documents. Must follow through with status of deliverables until publication of each document
- • Provides assistance to customer support personnel to resolved documentation deficiencies noted during the usage of products.
- • Arranges and facilitate the shop verification of CMM procedures (and SBs& SILs as necessary). Coordinates engineering review of information contained in the CMM or deliverable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Bachelor's Degree from an recognized institution.
- • Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering (preferred) from a recognized institution.
- • 3-5 years of professional experience in technical publications related role.
- • Aircraft Maintenance background very helpful
- • Must be a US person
- • High level of proficiency in preparation of the technical data, product support data, logistic data, & technical publications documents.
- • Ability to read, analyze, & interpret engineering drawings, charts, wiring diagrams, schematics, & assembly/test procedures.
- • Knowledge of the aerospace industry standards & specifications
- • Experience in ATA e-commerce Spec 2200 & S1000D
- • Excellent writing skills & experience with authoring in markup language
- • Detailed knowledge of the desk top publishing software. Arbortex, FrameMaker, Microsoft Office Suits, etc.
- • Experience with illustrating programs such as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator, Iso Draw, & CAD programs are a plus.
- • Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems & possesses a strong ownership & drive to bring issues to closure.
- • Ability to work unsupervised in a highly dynamic environment
- • Ability to read, analyze & interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, & legal documents.
- • Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- • Ability to write speeches & articles for publication that conform to prescribed style & format. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, &/or top management.
- • Ability to lead a technical meeting
- • Ability to give technical presentations to Customers
- • The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- • Incumbent in this position must occasionally squat, crawl, climb, crouch, kneel, balance & push/pull & may be required to reach above shoulder level, must frequently bend/stoop. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- • Average visual acuity is required; must be able to use video display terminal, and color acuity is required. This job requires better than average manual dexterity; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Must be able to operate moving devises/tools and operate vehicles.
Specificity of the job
Travel to customer sites and other business locations as needed
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
JanitorPublished on 03/06/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time General Services
Logistic and Facility SpecialistPublished on 02/15/2021Twinsburg, United States Temporary General Services
Vice President Engineering - Aircraft Interiors & Composites (FTF&C)Published on 03/06/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time R&D Technical Direction