IS Team Leader
Professional, Engineer & Manager
This position has two sets of responsibility:
1. IS Team / Process Management – Responsibilities include people (team of 2), financial (up to $1M), asset and process management
2. Business Relationship Management – Responsibilities include
a. Building and fostering relationships at all levels
b. Developing a collaborative approach to help achieve business objectives
- • Provide functional leadership role to the IS/IT personnel
- • Responsible for performance reviews and career development of personnel
- • Operational and Capital budget management
- • Process and Internal Controls Management
- • Vendor management
- • Service Requests and Incident Management
- • Partnership with global PMO in managing local projects portfolio management
- • Ensuring that the deployment of infrastructure and business systems is consistent with that defined globally.
- • To develop and propose strategies for resource, services and technology optimization
- • Work closely with business partners to not only understand their needs but to proactively propose improvements
- • Work with the business to help translate business requirements in to true technical requirements which can be used to define solutions
- • To advise Senior Managers on the effective use of technology aligned with the strategic goals of operational excellence, innovation, financial performance and competitive position of the organization.
- • Negotiating and reaching agreement with functions on services and associated service levels.
- • Develop project objectives by reviewing proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- • Interface and collaborate with the Operations / Industrial (OT) Technologies team to implement highly complex shop floor systems
Relocation assistance not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
- • A recognized University degree, preferred in IT, IS, Computer Science/ Business, with a minimum of 5 years related experience. Minimum of five years experience in related manufacturing
- • 5 + years of experience which clearly demonstrates a career evolution from someone who was hands-on with technology solution development and project management to someone who has a thorough understanding of business processes and is capable of leading a team of technical individuals to achieve strategic objectives.
- • 2+ years hands-on experience in application development, infrastructure design and delivery solutions design and implementation.
- • 2+ years of building and managing IS / IT operational and capital investment budgets.
- • 1+ years of project management experience using industry standard methodologies.
- • Industrial and Operation Technologies (OT) experience
- • Functional leadership, coaching and development of personnel
- • Vendor management experience
- • Experience with executing cloud strategy
- • Knowledge of IoT, Data Analytics, VR / AR and other new technologies coupled with the ability to create strategy for deployment of these technologies for creating business value
- • Good track record of managing diverse IS/IT investments and change initiatives.
- • Experience with developing strategies to support Business Process/technology evolution.
- • Management of full lifecycles of technologies and service delivery processes.
- • Proven problem solving skills.
- • French language is a desirable asset
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.