Carbon Quality Manager
Employees / Staff
Roles and Responsibilities
- • Overall management and technical leadership of the quality processes and procedures in the Carbon factory
- • Process change management (DVI/qualification) in conjunction with Carbon Engineering
- • Implementation of statistical controls for manufacturing processes and material characteristics
- • Establish a comprehensive cross-training program for quality department personnel to ensure team flexibility
- • Develop, track, and communicate relevant performance metrics for carbon material, manufacturing processes, and suppliers. Management of cross-functional bridge plans and Lean projects leading to the improvement of key KPI's.
- • Develop and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with both internal and external customers
- • Management of the laboratory, ensuring equipment is properly maintained/updated as required
- • Build positive employee relationships based on defined measurable goals, open communication, and participative management
- • Management of Tiscam and Omnis technical databases
- • Responsible for the Repair Station quality system compliance; primary liaison between Safran Landing Systems Kentucky and the FAA
- • Non-conformance management, including approval of Category 1 non-conformances and establishment of corrective action plans to address the root cause of non-conformances
- • Manage staffing of the quality organization
- • Coordination at the Division level on Business Team-wide qualifications, projects, and committees
- • Perform other related duties as required
- • B.S./B.A. degree in Engineering or a related physical science or technology field
- • Minimum of three years experience in manufacturing quality control/assurance or a technical field
- • Working experience with AS9100 quality system
- • EASA Part 21G and FAR 145 quality system experience
- • Strong knowledge and experience with Lean tools. Greenbelt certification preferred
- • Experience or training in statistical tools and analysis
- • APICS certified preferred
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Automation Engineer / Engineering SpecialistPublished on 07/11/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Supply Chain Operator IPublished on 07/10/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Supply Chain Operator IPublished on 07/07/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Supply chain