Customer Service Coordinator
Employees / Staff
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Manage finished goods, components, spares shipments and paperwork to customers.
2. Point of contact for all shipping issues with freight forwarders.
3. Track and monitor shipments, and investigate and resolve shipping problems.
4. Train employees on shipping documentation and processes.
5. Knowledgable of HTS/Schedule B numbers, Customs, Export and Import regulations.
6. Manage communications between internal customers and warehouse personnel.
7. Answer incoming inquiries in a positive, timely and professional manner.
8. Respond to customer inquiries as to orders, pricing, scheduling, delivery dates, and packaging. Resolve problems promptly.
9. Collaborate with appropriate division or departments to investigate and resolve complex customer concerns in timely manner.
10. Timely, accurate processing of customer orders from receipt to invoicing. Accurately prepare orders and paperwork for shipping.
11. Support MSPT (Mean Shop Processing Time) of less than 6 days. Support process to aim for lower MSPT.
12. Liaison with Safran Landing Systems, collaborating with appropriate personnel to resolve customer concerns in a timely manner.
13. Maintain comprehensive and current customer information including shipping, special handling and import/export details.
14. Meet fundamental customer needs through product knowledge.
15. Establish, develop, maintain and update filing, documentation control and archiving system(s). Retrieve and distribute information from files as needed.
16. Back up to Customer Service Coordinator II.
17. Perform other related duties as required.
Behavioral Attributes Required: The successful candidate will possess the following skills/abilities:
1. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
2. Building Customer Loyalty: Effectively meeting internal and external customer needs; building productive customer relationships; making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
3. Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
4. Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
5. Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- • High school diploma/GED required, College Degree in business or other related field preferred.
- • One (1) to two (2) years experience providing customer service in a manufacturing or related environment preferred.
- • International experience preferred.
- • Must fully understand and comprehend regulatory requirements associated with international movement of product.
- • Knowledge of INCOTERMS 2000.
- • Understanding of requirements for inbound and outbound logistics functions.
- • Knowledge of major transportation carriers and freight forwarders in global markets.
- • Knowledge of transportation options for shipments to remote regions and for time-sensitive shipments.
- • Familiar with best-in-class practices for transportation management.
- • Knowledge of import/export regulations and regulatory DOT & HAZMAT requirements preferred.
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position:
The essential functions of the position require:
1. The physical ability to sit for long periods of time while operating office equipment.
2. The physical ability to perform duties requiring kneeling, reaching, standing, pulling, use of overhead crane and pallet jack.
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.
Supply Chain InternPublished on 02/20/2019Walton , United States Internship / Student Supply chain
Supply Chain Operator M/FPublished on 02/20/2019United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Quality Inspector - Receiving InspectionPublished on 02/20/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Quality