Supply Chain Operator I
Employees / Staff
Responsibilities of Position:
- • Shipping/receiving
o Verify items against shipping documents, and inspect condition of shipments.
o Process all received materials/commodities/equipment and other items accurately in the system (SAP and Tiscam if necessary), following SLS KY guidelines and procedures
o Update and maintain purchasing receiving databases, ship packages, all outbound shipment records, keep archive records
o Ensure Class A items are received in and certificates forwarded to Quality Department.
o Spare parts and Graphite repairs follow SOP and communicate any issues to Purchasing/Logistics/ end user
o Responsible for correctly shipping/storing materials according to OSHA regulations and SLS KY Safety guidelines
o Receive incoming customer Heatpack Purchase Orders into Tiscam in a timely manner
o Interco deliveries: Ensure Disk deliveries from SRB and MOL are received into both SAP and Tiscam
o WB torque tubes: ensure receipts and shipments for WB are done physically and in the system (SAP)
o Delivery of certain waste stream (IE Scrap fiber, Rejected Disk, Carbon Dust bags, Worn Pucks)
- • Cycle counts:
o Perform spot checks as needed in case of discrepancies
- • Warehouse activities:
o Accurately maintain daily check sheets on equipment
o Milk-run: Support daily and weekly Milk runs (Including be not limited to: RFPC Hardware/Production consumables/Critical Maintenance spares/Calibration gases)
o Quality inspection: Items that need inspection must be addressed, segregated and put away in a timely manner.
o Maintenance Spares: once received, Maintenance items must be stored in a timely manner
o System movements: any parts being moved from one warehouse to another (Fiber, Hardware, Maintenance items, Repair items,…) have to be transferred in the system (SAP) as well.
o WB torque tubes: Ensure physical deliveries of torque tubes to WB
o Work orders: prepare any needed items for Production and Maintenance work orders
o Shipment Requests (SAP Purchase orders and SharePoint): prepare, package, weight and measure items to be sold for Logistics
- • Communications
o Management of dock hours drop-offs, pick-ups and refusals per policy
o Call and Log for Trash dumpster/Scrap Metal switch outs
o Assist with Recyclables and Waste steams as needed (i.e. Achille Bayart, Shamokin, Wisdom,…)
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position:
- • Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
- • Work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
- • Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
- • Will be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes as defined in 40 CFR 261.3
- • Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Heavy" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
Required Behavioral Dimensions:
- • Building Trust
- • Customer Focus
- • Good work Standards
- • Adaptability and Flexibility
- • Contributing to Team Success
- • Initiating Action and Ownership
- • High school diploma/GED
- • Experience in shipping/receiving/storage of products including complex commodities, hazardous materials and international standards
- • Experience in material/inventory control techniques. (Kanban, MRP, and/or Visual Management, SAP, SharePoint)
- • Education/training in computer/software applications and HAZMAT preferred
- • Experience in 5S and Quick Response to Quality Control (QRQC)
- • Daily activities
o SQCDPI : attend every morning meeting
o Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures
o Assist Operations as assigned for material movement requests
o Waste streams : Assist with removal of Trash hoppers/Quality scrap/Rejected Disks, and Recycle collection units.
o Perform other related duties as required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.