Wheels & Brakes Machine Operator
Employees / Staff
- • Proper and efficient handling of materials and associated work orders to ensure product traceability
- • Monitor equipment condition and perform basic daily equipment checks and cleaning
- • Adhere to required housekeeping and safety requirements for the manufacturing areas within the facility
- • Execute work processes as defined in visual work instructions and standard operating procedures
- • Load and unload CNC machining center pallets and parts carriers
- • Operate engraving machine
- • Perform parts measurements and quality checks using digital height gages and calipers; also go / no-go and thread gages
- • Enter work order confirmations in Traceability software
- • Record measurement data in MMS /QC Gage databases
- • Manual deburring and visual inspection of parts after machining using a variety of powered hand tools in W&B
- • Submit and support continuous improvement ideas in order to improve safety, quality, and productivity
- • Perform other related duties as required
- • vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
- • subjected to inside environmental conditions( noise, vibration, hydraulic fluid and lubricants, and other related industrial hazards)
- • perform manual labor requiring climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds regularly
- • wear personal protective gear such as safety glasses / goggles and gloves for a 12 -hr period
- • High school diploma/GED
- • Three to five years manufacturing experience desired
- • Experience operating metal or plastics processing machines and performing secondary finishing operations preferred
- • Basic computer skills to enter measurement data, manage work orders, call up instructions, and manage a personal email account
- • Experience using digital measuring devices and metric dimensions preferred
- • Collaboration, cooperation and communication to promote effective teamwork
- • Quality orientation / customer focus and attention to detail
- • Mechanical aptitude to operate industrial machinery and ability to interpret basic part prints and drawings
- • Discipline to follow standard work instructions and prescribed task sequences
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.
Deburring OperatorPublished on 02/20/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Automation Engineer / Engineering SpecialistPublished on 02/20/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Wheels & Brakes Assembly Operator - UtilityPublished on 02/20/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair