Safran spotlights innovation at 2015 Paris Air Show
Paris, June 11, 2015 - Safran will be spotlighting its full spectrum of innovation at the 51st International Paris Air Show, opening at the traditional Le Bourget venue in just a few days.
Safran will be showing its flagship engines and aircraft equipment, starting with the new-generation LEAP engine from CFM International, the 50/50 joint company between Snecma (Safran) and GE, that will succeed the best-selling CFM56. Also showcased will be the Silvercrest, Snecma's new engine for business jets in the premium large-cabin, long-range class, the Vinci cryogenic upper-stage rocket engine for the Ariane 6 launcher, the nacelle for the Airbus A320neo, the Patroller multi-sensor tactical drone and XDI, an X-ray diffraction system that can inspect carry-on luggage.
This year Safran is introducing a space dedicated to innovation, right in the middle of its huge stand (A252, Hall 2a), which will focus on several key topics:
- More electric aircraft: the EGTS™ electric taxiing system, an integrated generation and gearbox (IGGB®) power transmission, and rotary flight control actuators.
- Tomorrow's propulsion systems: open rotor turbine engine and the all-electric e-fan.
- New materials and processes: 3D woven blades using the RTM (resin transfer molding) process, an APU (auxiliary power unit) made by additive manufacturing (laser melting), and a low-pressure turbine blade made from titanium aluminide (TiAl).
From Monday, June 15, to Friday, June 19, Safran's experts will also be giving daily talks in the Innovation space, on the following subjects:
- Operators in tomorrow's factory: Thursday, June 18 – 10:30 am / Friday, June 19 – 10:30 am
- Future mobility modes: Monday, June 15 – 11:15 am / Tuesday, June 16 – 10:00 am
- Big data: Tuesday, June 16 – 10:30 am / Wednesday, June 17 – 10:00 am
- More electric aircraft: Wednesday, June 17 – 10:30 am / Thursday, June 18 – 10:00 am
- Future propulsion systems: Monday, June 15 – 11:45 am / Friday, June 19 – 10:00 am
Safran is also rolling out a new advertising campaign focused on innovation, including a specific media plan during the show, for press, online and poster coverage (see ad on the next page).
Innovation is an integral part of Safran's DNA. Safran invests more than 12% of annual sales in R&D, with a third going to Research & Technology. Safran was the second leading French company for the number of patents filed in 2014, and is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson-Reuters.
You can follow all the latest Safran news during the Paris Air Show on a special site: http://lebourget.safran-group.com/.
You can also follow us via Twitter: @SAFRAN (#SafranPAS15).