Safran Makes Travel Safer and Easier
Summer is here which means you likely have a vacation planned to visit with family and friends, travel abroad, or just relax at the beach. For most Americans, these summer vacations require air travel within the United States or overseas.
More than likely, you'll be using Safran products throughout your travel process – whether it's at U.S. or foreign airports, or borders of foreign countries that Americans might be traveling to. From check-in to landing, Safran is there to make travel safer and easier. Here are some of the ways:
- Identification: Everyone needs an ID document to travel, especially if flying. Without it, you can't get through airport security or cross borders, and will never reach your vacation destination. Safran's subsidiary, Morpho, not only specializes in identification documents such as driver licenses and passports, but also readers that verify the authenticity of travel documents.
- TSA Pre✓™: Before you ever enter the airport, you can ensure that you get through the security checkpoint quickly and efficiently. By utilizing MorphoTrust's enrollment centers for TSA Pre✓™, passengers are able to register ahead of their trip to save time and get to the gate more quickly.
- Security: After leaving your bags at check-in, products like Morpho Detection's CTX 5800 or CTX 9800, which will scan your luggage to determine if there any explosives or other harmful materials inside.
Morpho products will also help you move seamlessly and securely to your gate through its MorphoWay™ automated e-gate. These automatic gates are equipped with fingerprint, iris, and facial recognition technology, as well as passport readers. You'll be through security in no time.
- Takeoff: Your seat is buckled and it's time to takeoff courtesy of Safran's propulsion systems. Safran designs, develops and produces a wide range of engines including the CFM56, the world's best-selling engine for single-aisle commercial jets. In fact, a CFM56-powered aircraft takes off somewhere in the world every 2 seconds - and these aircraft carry over 3 billion passengers a year!
- Flight: You've boarded your flight and reached cruising altitude. It's time to sit back and relax! While you're reading the newspaper or watching a movie, Safran technologies are hard at work. From the composites that make up the engine fan blades to the wiring systems that generate and distribute electricity throughout the aircraft ,cockpit display systems, or aircraft navigation systems, Safran products and solutions can be found on every part of the aircraft.
- Landing: You've begun your descent and it's time to land. You can thank Safran's Messier-Bugatti-Dowty for the smooth touchdown. Messier-Buggatti-Dowty is the world leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of landing gear systems ensuring that you arrive at your destination safely.
This summer, as you take off towards a sandy beach on the East Coast or a European getaway, Safran's innovative solutions will be working to get you there safely.