Safran Keeps Americans Safe at Home and Abroad
In today's world, there are significant, ongoing threats to American citizens – domestic and foreign. Both our physical security and our data can be vulnerable to attacks. Whether it's at home, in the workplace, or in areas of armed conflict, Safran's security and defense products in the U.S. make our lives safer.
Let's start with biometrics.
Your fingerprint is unique to you. But, that's not all ; your irises, palm prints, facial features, even the patterns of your ears and veins are just some of the things that are yours alone.
Technology developed by Safran can interpret this information to make positive identification quicker and easier for trusted transactions. More importantly, it can help filter out the bad guys.
This can give you peace of mind, particularly at your place of business or when travelling. Safran's biometric technologies are in place at borders, airports, embassies, banks, data centers and other locations that use products, such as:
- MorphoWave, an award-winning, break-through entry system that allows individuals to forgo the check-in process at work or at an airport with the wave of your hand. It uses a patented "structured lighting" technology to capture four fingerprints in an instant. Its speed and ease of use allows seamless check-in and ensures that only authorized personnel can gain access to a facility.
- Safran's biometric authentication platform, is proving valuable to banks or other financial institutions that verify a customer's identity for services like ATM withdrawal, payments, or requests for account information. Having these measures in place keep you, and your money, safe.
- And 50% of U.S. law enforcement agencies rely on Safran's AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems), which helps agencies solve and prevent crimes nationwide.
Overseas and in support on the battlefield, Safran products help detect threats and keep troops safe, so that they can keep us safe.
Products for the U.S. Military:
The men and women that serve in the U.S. armed forces are equipped with top-of-the-line defense solutions from Safran to help them accomplish their missions effectively and safely. Products like Vectronix's latest state-of-the-art Laser Range finder module night vision optics system or Morpho's threat detection systems and handheld identity verification devices all work to give our soldiers an edge over the enemy.
Safran products are also at work to keep U.S. soldiers safe in the air through best-in-class equipment and technology:
- The CFM56 engine, the result of a joint venture between Snecma (Safran) and GE, is not just the best-selling engine in the history of commercial aviation for single aisle aircraft. The U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy also use variants of the CMF 56 engine on the KC-135 tanker and the P-8 maritime patrol aircraft, which makes the U.S. military another important customer of CFM, .
- The U.S. Army's UH-72A Lakota twin-engine helicopter and the U.S. Coast Guard H-65 Dolphin are powered by Turbomeca engines.
- Wiring and electrical systems from Labinal Power Systems are used for a variety of American combat aircraft, including the Boeing F-22, Lockheed Martin F-16, KC-135R aerial tanker, and the V-22 Osprey.
- Landing gear and wheels and brakes from Messier-Buggati-Dowty are used on many U.S. military aircraft, including the F/A-18 fighter, C-17 airlifter, KC-135 aerial tanker and V-22 Osprey.
Safran is proud of its 50 years history as a leading manufacturer, supplier, and partner of the U.S. as well as its state-of-the-art facilities across the country. Thanks to Safran's global network of experts, the Group brings advanced and proven technologies to airlines, airports and the U.S. armed forces through innovation driven by a worldwide investment in research and development.