Optics 1 has key presence at largest maritime event in the U.S.
May 14, 2019
Safran Electronics & Defense subsidiary Optics 1 presented their latest innovations at Sea-Air-Space, the Navy League's Global Maritime Exposition. Held at the Gaylord National Convention Center in Maryland from May 6 to 8, Sea-Air-Space is the largest maritime event in the United States.
Optics 1 showcased a range of navigation, surveillance and visual augmentation systems at their booth. Surveillance systems included the Vigy Observer, ARTIS, and PASEO. BlueNaute and Argonyx were among the navigation systems on display this year. In addition, Optics 1 highlighted its E-COSI visual augmentation system.
- Vigy Observer is a stabilized panoramic naval surveillance system.
- BlueNaute is an attitude and heading reference system based on Hemispherical Resonator Gyroscope (HRG) technology. It was selected by the U.S. Coast Guard to equip Juniper WLB class ships.
- ARTIS 410 is an airborne surveillance system that was introduced last year.
- PASEO is the latest-generation of advanced panoramic sight to improve the survivability and fighting capabilities of the Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFV) and Main Battle Tanks (MBT).
- E-COSI is an enhanced Clip-On SWIR Imager.
With over 330 exhibitors in attendance, Sea-Air-Space brought together leading defense companies, members of the U.S. military, government employees, members of congress, foreign embassy representatives, and Navy League members.
Headquartered in Bedford, New Hampshire, Optics 1 is a leading defense supplier to the U.S. Armed Forces.